Last truck accepted 30 minutes before closing.
- A valid release number is required for pick-up. Trucks will not be loaded without one.
- Drivers must have their own Port Pass to enter the gates protecting the port area and gain entry to the terminal. Contact Hamilton terminal to obtain the appropriate authorization for acquiring a Port Pass. New rules set out by the Port Authority state that the trucking companies are no longer able to do this for their drivers.
- Upon entering the facility, trucks should proceed to the scale in order of arrival. The driver will provide Agrico with the release number and other information required to prepare their Bill of Lading. CB Channel 8 is used to communicate with drivers on the scale.
- Trucks are not to stop or park on the train tracks at any time.
- When a vessel is being unloaded, trucks must drive no faster than 10 km in the yard as there is a lot more activity and people on the premises.
- Last truck accepted on the scale 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Trucks must be cleaned out prior to scaling in. We have provided a waste bin for drivers to use to clean their boxes. After cleaning out, drivers must put their leavings in the dumpster.
- After receiving approval to load from the scale house, trucks are to proceed to the designated dome for loading and then come back on the scale to weigh out, facing the same way they did coming in.
- Trucks must avoid crossing over the loading pads, unless they are getting loaded, as loader operators are unable to see trucks in the loading zone.
- Trucks must yield right of way to the loaders in the yard.
- Truck speed limit in the yard is 15 km per hour.
- Trucks must ensure that the loading rack is in the UP position and that Agrico staff have given them the go ahead before leaving once they are loaded.
- Poly tanks will not be filled (they cannot be filled safely).
Personal Protective Equipment Required
- High visibility vest
- Steel-toed safety shoes
- Without proper rails on trucks, drivers will be asked to refrain from climbing up during loading